Just like the many sizes and styles of cars on the road, insurance is not one-size-fits-all. Making sure your auto insurance coverage adequately reflects you, your lifestyle and your budget is the best way to protect yourself and your family. Our auto insurance specialists will take the time to work through the options and answer your questions to plan coverage or respond to a claim.
Asking good questions and getting professional advice is the best way to minimize your risk. Here are a few fine points you may want to explore:
- If you’re in an accident and your car needs repairs, will your policy cover aftermarket parts or will you be able to choose original parts?
- If an accident renders your car a total loss, how will you be compensated? Will your coverage cover simply the market value or do you want to work with a carrier who will pay you based on an agreed value? This can make a big difference for high-value, low-mileage cars.
- Will your coverage dictate where you go for repairs?
- What happens if you’re in an accident more than 50 miles from home? Will your coverage just get you $30 for a rental and assume you’re ready to drive home? What if you needed a night in a hotel, or had to fly home?
- When I am traveling out of the country am I still covered under my auto policy? Can I rent a carrier traveling abroad and still be covered?
Auto policies do vary and how one carrier may respond to the above questions can be very different than another. We will help you learn the differences.
Check out our FAQs to be sure you are prepared in the event of an accident.
Auto Insurance Policies and Coverage
Compulsory auto policy coverage:
- Bodily injury to others
- Personal injury protection
- Bodily injury caused by uninsured auto
- Damage to someone else’s property
- Enhanced Bodily injury to others
- Medical payments
- Substitute transportation (rental car)
- Towing and labor
- Bodily injury caused by an underinsured auto